Spin dome trimmer for round lost heads (domes) – short version
Lost dome trimming is a technique that allows you to make bottles with lower weight necks. As a result, you save on material, reducing the bottle cost.
Therefore, we designed this spin dome trimmer for trimming off round lost domes (= lost heads) of the bottles.
To clarify, the machine cuts off the lost dome and regrinds it back into the material stream. This technique is also advisable for bigger neck diameters. Because with big neck diameters, calibrating is difficult to keep straight, which results in additional scrap and irregularities in the neck area.
The DC100 is a classic spin dome trimmer with a round lost dome.
The bottles are running into the machine, grabbed by the lost dome and running over a heated knife.
Furthermore, with our trimmers, you can trim in different ways:
- Either slowly over 75 % of the knife length, resulting in a perfect cut: the best way of setting the machine.
- Or, aggressively on the neck, punching through, one revolution and the bottle is cut. This method is advisable for bigger diameters or thin-walled products with low resistance.
The DC100 spin dome trimmer (short version) can trim heads with a neck diameter up to 60-80 mm, depending on the design and material distribution. On the other hand, for lost heads above 80 mm, we developed our DC150 long version.
Although the machine is suitable for round lost heads only, the bottle body can be oval, square, etc.
Most importantly, spin trimming is not about the machine, but about the lost head design. In other words, getting the right quality and scrap free production is strongly depending on the design of the lost dome.
Profit from our +25 years of experience and let us help you designing the right lost dome for your product. Please see our articles in our knowledgebase area on our website.
- Cuts the bottles in-line & standing
- Different profiles are available
- Perfect cut, through adjustment of knife (without burrs through heated knife)
- The bottles are guided by the lost head, so that you can use the same unit for different bottle shapes.
- Scrap extraction
If you need further information or if you have any questions, suggestions or comments, please contact us on:
- ►Press Release