Flexible silo system – full height – base outlet
When it comes to bottle storage, intelligent tumble pack solutions can reduce the workload heavily for environments where there is not much transport involved. Averagely, you can store 30 % fewer products per cubic meter, but in these environments, this will not be in relation to the workload, packaging material and/or investment needed.
Such flexible silo systems are often used for:
- In-house productions, blowing and filling bottles in the same building.
- Nearby sites, blowing bottles and the customer is nearby.
- Internal storage solution for offline labelling, instead of online labelling. You can achieve a higher line efficiency by disconnecting the labelling machine from the bottle production machines. As a result, it will avoid stoppages of the blow molder due to the label rolls being empty. Also, it will avoid bubble forming in EBM due to the cooling of the bottles.
In conclusion, flexible silos are the ideal solution for non-food in-house productions, or nearby plastic bottle manufacturing sites!
Along with the silo systems, we have also developed a range of machines for loading (blow moulding department) and for unloading bottles (filling department).
We have two types of unloading:
- Base unloading: into unloading station DSS050: for this silo with base outlet DFS150.
- Top unloading: the unloader DEP100 tips the silo into an unscrambler bin: for silo systems with top outlet DFS010 or DFS100.
We advise to use the flexible silo system for volumes up to 1,5 – 2L. Because above this volume, the bottle / volume ratio drops below 35 % and denting might become an issue. This depends on the bottle geometry, though.
This flexible silo system stores products in a tumble packed way.
- This unit has a full pallet height.
- Dimensions: 1226 x 1266 x 2600 mm (49” x 50” x 102”).
- With base outlet.
- Furthermore, its storage capacity is 2.5 m³.
- The silo consists of a metal frame with a PVC cloth, or PP woven inside bag (low-cost version).
- Optionally, we can mount Kevlar reinforced straps on the inside. Because when correctly mounted, they can resolve denting issues.
- Additionally, we can provide the silo system with a rooftop: manually or automatically closing. As a result, this will avoid contamination.
- Moreover, RFID tracking is also optional, allowing a smoother and shorter administrative cycle.
- Rigid construction, galvanized
- Inside base plate in stainless steel, avoiding normal steel coming in contact with the bottles.
- Best-in-class solution for in-house productions or nearby blow moulding factories
- Available in kit to avoid high transport costs (unmounted version – local assembly).
- Optionally, removable top cover to avoid contamination.
- Side windows allow to see the content of the silo
- Label holder optional (product card)
- You can transport it with manual pallet truck or forklift
- Special design to avoid product deformation
Unloading station for flexible silo: DSS050
Loading station with cooling function for flexible silo: DSS010
Centering unit for flexible silo: DSS001
Silo tumble pack loading unit: DSB250, DSB300
Bottle picker: DBP101, DBP102
If you need further information or if you have any questions, suggestions or comments, please contact us on:
- ►Press Release